Unfortunately, some misuse science. Some of their intentions, are far from benevolent. They see science as a mechanism for political power and control. There is great danger from those who would use science for political control over us.

How do they do this? They instill, and then continuously magnify, fear. Fear is the most effective instrument of totalitarian control.

Chet Richards, physicist,

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/03/science_in_an_age_of_fear.html

Wednesday 20 March 2013

Corrupt Climate Curricula in Schools: a school teacher laments relaying greenie propaganda in the classroom.



A former teacher welcomes the proposed ‘downplaying’ of man-made global warming in school curricula in England, and  complains of having been ‘overburdened by the incessant green noise of our curriculum’.

I hesitated before proceeding with this post since it is based on an anonymous (but see below) comment on a newspaper site.  But the site provides a list of all comments published by this commenter.  They span some five years, and are thoughtful, temperate, and consistent with his claim to have been a teacher of geography.  His views on the teaching of this subject are in accord with my fears for it, and for others, and so I am going to reproduce his comment in full.  Here it is:

As a former teacher of geography I was overburdened towards the end by the incessant green noise of our curriculum. I would never argue that climate change should not be in included since it is an extremely interesting subject in its strictest form. However, the half truths that I was expected to teach to young minds by the underpinning of AGW to almost everything depressed me and most other older geographers. I'm afraid that the queen of subjects became a propaganda arm for greenies. I applaud Gove for downplaying AGW, but does he understand that the teaching of climate change itself is a bonus.

I hope that he and many other teachers and other experts in England will contribute their thoughts to the consultation being offered by the government on proposed changes to the curriculum for under-14s in England.  Links for doing this are provided on an earlier post.

Past posts here relating to the teaching of geography include these:






( the link immediately above includes this quotation from a Trefor Jones, who may well be ‘trefjon’:
During the latter years of my long career as a head of geography I became totally disillusioned with the nonsense that I was supposed to teach and examine. The students, staff members ( apart from the young and ambitious) privately shared the doubts, especially mathematics teachers who understood that you cannot predict a chaotic system. It came to a head when I ignored an opportunity to take a group of children to see "An Inconvenient Truth", and was promptly sent a copy of this eco-nonsense by courier directly to my classroom. Unfortunately, following a very nasty accident I have had to finish teaching. However, I do not miss the climate change elements of the course which had morphed over the past decade from geography to environmentally inaccurate propaganda. The Green lobby which has invaded so many of our national institutions are in my eyes nothing less than rather dangerous totalitarian fascists.’  - my emboldening)




No comments:

Post a Comment