'A variety of claims are routinely made about the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). These have to do with:
- the organization itself
- its reports
- its processes
- the IPCC is comprised of the world’s top scientists
- it produces authoritative, trustworthy reports
- its processes are rigorous and transparent
- it cites only peer-reviewed literature
Now these claims have been refuted, not least by Donna Laframboise's carefully documented investigations. So, if you have a class that has passed the relevant exams, or is good enough to be able to do so while at the same time also having a more realistic view of climate change, then here is a rich field for mini-projects:
(1) First find a matching phrase from materials/events in your school - the database is here
(2) Next do some investigation and write up a brief report or presentation on the veracity of the selected phrase.
(3) Rinse and repeat - it promises to be a lot of fun.