'Climate Change and the Ten Warning Signs for Cults'
(hat-tip: GWPF Newsletter 18/04/19)
Rick Ross, described as an 'expert consultant and intervention specialist', has published this list of 10 warming signs:
Ten warning signs of a potentially unsafe group/leader.
- Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability.
- No tolerance for questions or critical inquiry.
- No meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget, expenses such as an independently audited financial statement.
- Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies and persecutions.
- There is no legitimate reason to leave, former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative or even evil.
- Former members often relate the same stories of abuse and reflect a similar pattern of grievances.
- There are records, books, news articles, or television programs that document the abuses of the group/leader.
- Followers feel they can never be "good enough".
- The group/leader is always right.
- The group/leader is the exclusive means of knowing "truth" or receiving validation, no other process of discovery is really acceptable or credible.
|Pic: Childhood Cult|
'The Verdict: It’s a cult
- How should family and friends react to someone when they know that person is involved with a potentially destructive group/leader?
Care is obviously required.
Note added 18/4/2019. The Medium article has now been re-posted
at WUWT where no doubt there will be some discussion of it in due
course in the comments.